Saturday, October 20, 2018

Immigrant Creed



Immigrant Creed

I believe in Almighty God,
Guided His people in the exodus and in
Exile, the God of Joseph in Egypt
And Daniel in Babylon, the God
Of foreigners and the
Immigrants.

I believe in Jesus Christ, a Galileo
Displaced, who was born away from his
People and their home, who had to
Flee his land with his parents
When his life was in danger;
Who, when returning to his own country,
Had to suffer the oppression of
Tyrant Pontius Pilate, servant of a
Foreign power. He was persecuted,
Goal-Peado, tortured, and finally
Accused and sentenced to death
Unjustly. But on the third day,
This despised Jesus
Resurrected from death, no longer like
Foreigner, but to offer
A citizenship in heaven.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
Eternal immigrant of the kingdom of
God among us, who speaks
All languages, live in all
Countries, and gather all races.
I think the church is home
Safe for all foreigners
And believers who constitute it,
Who speak the same language and
They have the same purpose. I believe
That the communion of the saints is
Inseparable from the diversity of the
Santos.

I believe in God's forgiveness,
That makes us equal to all, and in
Your reconciliation, that we
Identify more than our race,
Language, or nationality.
I think in resurrection, God
He will unite us as a single village
Which everyone is different and
Similar at the same time. I believe
In Eternal life beyond this
World, where no one will be
Immigrant but all will be
Citizens of the kingdom of God
It has no end. Amen.

José Luis Casal

No comments: