Friday, December 19, 2008

QUOTES: More great Chesterton quotes

"To complain that I could only be married once was like complaining that I had only been born once."

"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."

"Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car."

"The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost."

"Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist."

"There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people."

"I believe in getting into hot water; it keeps you clean. "

"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink."

"Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind."

No comments: