Thursday, November 18, 2010

Epic. Just epic.

jglee1236 wrote this about a Youtube performance of "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence"

"i'm not even religious. I don't believe in god and I don't like church music. I was forced to sing in my churches choir growing up. But this hymn, the way it's written, is just epic.


'rank on rank the host of heaven spreads its vanguard on the way, as the light of light descendeth from the realm of endless day, that the powers of hell may vanish, as the darkness clears away.'

Epic. Just epic. they don't write 'em like that anymore."

Hymns can be a subtle way for the Spirit to speak to us. I wonder what jglee would  think of this version.


2 comments:

Brad Boydston said...

The words are from the Liturgy of St James

Beth B said...

Liturgy can be a powerful way for the Spirit to speak to us. : )