Friday, March 12, 2010

Sent: MY Letter to Glenn Beck

I sent the Sojourners letter, with my own modifications. We are told to pray for our enemies. So please join me.


Dear Mr. Beck,

Jeremiah 5:26-29 says: “Among my people are wicked men who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch men. Like cages full of birds, their houses are full of deceit; they have become rich and powerful and have grown fat and sleek. Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not plead the case of the fatherless to win it, they do not defend the rights of the poor. Should I not punish them for this?” declares the LORD. “Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?

The word of God contradicts what you have been saying, Mr. Beck! And whenever that happens, I must choose God over man.

I am praying for you, and your audience,that the power of Christ's Holy Spirit will touch you all. He made the scales fall from Saul's eyes and gave him a new start and calling. He sent Phillip to the Ethiopian eunuch and helped him intepret the scriptures. May he do the same for you, so that your pride will not get in the way of His truth, and so you might be open to learning what the Bible has to say about justice.

You see, Mr. Beck, I stand in the tradition of the Hebrew prophets and the teachings of Jesus that demonstrate God's will for justice in every aspect of our individual, social, and economic lives. Moreover, God not only cares about justice, he cares about truth. He will judge us for missing the mark for them both, and he will hold us responsible if what we teach about them is contrary to His word.

I hereby "report" myself to you, and promise to report myself to the appropriate church authorities. I hope you'll be hearing from them as well. But most of all, I pray you'll hear the Lord!

In Him,

Beth Bilynskyj

1 comment:

Kent said...

Thank you Beth. This is good stuff.