Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Episcopal Church and Visual Arts Exhibition

via Brad

"Venite Adoremus" is the title of an online exhibition of artwork inspired by the hymns of Advent, Christmastide and Epiphany. Below are my favorites. Be sure to read the commentary for each work, and the accompanying hymn. (I trust I am not infringing copyright by reproducing these images here...if so, I welcome correction. My sole intent is to give readers a taste of this wonderful exhibition, so that they will want to visit the site for themselves.)

O Antiphons
Digital Art, November 15, 2005
Jan Neal

MIRABLE DICTU (Wonderful to Behold)
gouache on paper board, 1969
15x10 inches
Harvey Bonner


"Rejoice! Rejoice, believers and let your light appear..."
watercolor, ink , and pencil, December 2004
12x9.5 inches
The Rev. Kristy K. Smith

Epiphany
oil on canvas, 2004
48x48 inches
The Rev. Nancy Mills

No comments: