Sunday, November 25, 2007

Praying with A. and H.

Tomorrow A. will hear the results of her scan, and on Tuesday her enzyme levels, so I went over tonight to pray for her.

H. met me at the door and wanted to pray with us! He seemed more open to Christ tonight; more like when we first met. Perhaps the damage done by that traveling pentecostal minister is finally healing.

A. was sitting, small and cross legged, on their bed, weeping.She had been at peace with the prospect of dying but now that their son M. is beginning to speak, she is torn once again, wanting to be able to mother him--yea, just get to know him as a toddler, and not just as a baby.

A. is also haunted by those old Moslem tapes that tell her that her cancer is a result of something she did that displeased God. They were on replay tonight. It made me realize that when we are in periods of great stress, we are most vulnerable to all the lies that have ever been fed us.

"I am going away to prepare a place for you...In my house are many mansions..." Lord, I can't wait to see what you've prepared for A.; and I pray that her husband H. might dwell beside her. You already are dwelling in her heart; and H. is there, too. Bring us all into your Kingdom, Jesus.

No comments: