Sunday, July 03, 2011

Song: "In the Blazing Summer"





Yesterday, while waiting to board our flight from Denver to Eugene, a fellow passenger told us that her car thermometer had read 111 degrees in Omaha. Today, Brad Boydston posted the above photo of his thermometer in Phoenix, at 2:15 pm.

I have  noticed a lot of hits on a song I previously posted, entitled "I Hate Summer,"  (sung to the tune of "I Love Paris." ) It's time for a new song, I think, and so in honor of all of you who are suffering, I offer you "In the Blazing Summer," to be sung to the tune of "In the Bleak Midwinter." (CRANHAM, by Gustav Holst.)

1. In the blazing summer
mercury makes moan,
temp is oe’r 100
in this torrid zone.
Sweat is falling, sweat on sweat,
sweat on sweat,
It’s the hottest summer
Ever yet.


2. The sun: the sky can’t hold it,
Nor earth sustain;
What we’d give to have some
hard and cooling rain!
In the blazing summer
here’s some good advice:
Keep yourself hydrated,
and use lots of ice.


3.Those without some A/C
wince at old Sol’s glare,
vainly try to escape
July’s burning air.
Shall we see a movie?
Swim or shower or shop?
It’s too hot to move, I think
I’m going to drop.


4.Where can I find some shade?
I am getting charred!
(If I weren’t so fat
this might not be so hard.)
If I were a wise man
I would do what’s best,
Leave this wretched hell-hole,
Move to the Northwest!









No comments: