Sunday, April 26, 2009

Meditation for Worship: April 26, 2009


Today's Readings:

Today's Sermon text:
1 John 3:1-7
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Heavenly Adam, Life divine,
Change my nature into thine!
Move and spread throughout my soul,
Actuate and fill the whole!

Be it I no longer now
Living in the flesh, but Thou.
Holy Ghost, no more delay!
Come, and in thy temple stay!

Now thine inward witness bear,
Strong, and permanent, and clear;
Spring of life, thyself impart,
Rise eternal in my heart!
---
For us He uses all His powers
And all he has, or is, is ours.
Since the Son has made me free
Let me taste my liberty

Heavenly Adam, life divine,
Change my nature into Thine.

--
adapted from John Wesley

No comments: