Thursday, April 03, 2008

Prayer for a Happy Death



a Prayer written by Cardinal Newman.

O my Lord and Savior, support me in my last hour by the strong arms of Thy sacraments, and the fragrance of Thy consolations. Let Thy absolving words be said over me, and the holy oil sign and seal me; and let your own body be my food, and Thy blood my sprinkling; and let Thy Mother Mary come to me, and my angel whisper peace to me, and Thy glorious saints and my own dear patrons smile on me, that in and through them all I may die as I desire to live, in Thy Church, in Thy faith, and in Thy love. Amen.

My Jesus, mercy.

Bad news from three fronts today, including word from Steve that A. is even weaker now, constantly wracked with pain and immobile on the sofa. He visited her this afternoon, and she gathered enough strength to ask her mom to leave the room so she could talk one on one with Steve.

"Pastor, will Jesus take care of M. (her son) if I die?"

"Yes, A. Jesus loves little children, and He will care for M."

"Then please pray for me to die."

So he did. And so I am praying, as well:

Father, please open the door for A. so that she might be released from her suffering and find rest in Your arms. May she pass quickly and gently from this world, and as she does, please comfort her family and provide a way for M. to remember her fierce love for him. May You be glorified through her death, even as she glorified You in her life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Im from Melbourne Australia.
Please check out these related references which provide an Illuminated Understanding of death and everything else.

1. www.easydeathbook.com
2. www.dabase.org/dualsens.htm
3. www.dabase.org/noface.htm

Beth B said...

Hi anonymous--

I take it that you think
"There is, therefore, no greater Authority on matters of death and ultimate transcendence" than Avatar Adi Da Samraj.

Sorry, but Adi Da Samraj is not Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus Christ is the greatest authority on life, death, and eternal life.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended into hell.

The third day He arose again from the dead.

He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,
whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.


I'm not interested in "ultimate transcendence" because I believe that there is a distinction between God and creation. I am interested in participation in Him (theosis, beatific vision) not the extinction of self.

I believe that the physical world is not an illusion. I hope for resurrection, not immortality.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Amen.


I invite you to explore faith in Christ, so that you might not just know, but also love God. Please let me know if I be of any help you in this journey.